Re: Slow temporary tables when using sync rep - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Slow temporary tables when using sync rep
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 17.04.2012 02:54, Michael Nolan wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 6:27 PM, Thom Brown<thom@linux.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've noticed that when using synchronous replication (on 9.2devel at
>> least), temporary tables become really slow:
>
> Since temporary tables are only present until the session ends (or
> possibly only until a commit), why are they replicated at all?

They're not replicated.

What happens is that we write the commit record if the transaction
accesses a temporary table, but we don't flush it. However, we still
wait until it's replicated to the standby. The obvious fix is to not
wait for that, see attached.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas

Attachment