Re: 9.3 Pre-proposal: Range Merge Join - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: 9.3 Pre-proposal: Range Merge Join
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 16.04.2012 08:40, Jeff Davis wrote:
> Does someone know of a spatial join algorithm (without IP claims) that
> would be as good as this one for ranges?

I'd be happy with an algorithm that's specific to ranges, too, but my
gut geeling is that there has to be a lot of research on spatial join
algorithms out there. Implementing one of them would be more widely
applicable, so I think we should look into spatial join algorithms first
and see how far that gets us, before we write something specific to ranges.