Postgres 9.0 Streaming Replication and Load Balancing? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paulo Correia
Subject Postgres 9.0 Streaming Replication and Load Balancing?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!

I have a Postgres 9.0 on CentOs 5.6 with a functional asynchronous
streaming replication to a hot-standby slave (over a TCP connection).

At the moment, the slave only makes the replication, but it accepts
read-only queries.

I need to load-balance the DB requests to both servers and was trying
pgPool-II but it seems it has some problems if we already have
connection pooling elsewhere.
I have some application servers that already have their own connection
pool functionalities and I wonder if anyone found a solution for that.

Imagine I have some different deploys on a Glassfish or a Tomcat server,
using the server connection pooling facilities and from that we would
access the database, or the balancer.

Has anyone managed to do this with pgPool-II? Any other options?

Best regards,
Paulo Correia