Re: Last gasp - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Last gasp
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 04/12/2012 11:34 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> The specific suggestion that vendors are not taking contributors
> seriously unless they have commit-bits is perhaps something that
> requires education of vendors, or perhaps my blogging about this will
> help.

I'm glad I managed to vent my frustration in this area in a way that was
helpful.  Just recognize that any experienced person at pitching
software solutions will tell you to never wander down this path at all.  If you have to tell someone a story and make
themadmit they're wrong

about something as an early step toward adoption, you've just dumped a
home-made FUD bomb on them.  It's not a high percentage path toward
credibility.