Re: BUG #6571: Postgres Kills 'Select 1' query randomly on hot standby databases - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alex Matzinger
Subject Re: BUG #6571: Postgres Kills 'Select 1' query randomly on hot standby databases
Date
Re: BUG #6571: Postgres Kills 'Select 1' query randomly on hot standby databases  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
List pgsql-bugs
The connection that is executing the SELECT 1 are generally open for 1-5
hours before they are killed.  The specific connection only executes
SELECT 1.  The transaction is simply BEGIN, and then SELECT 1's, no
other query is executed.

The updates we make to the primary database are quiet large, usually
several megabytes.

Alex