Re: Another review of URI for libpq, v7 submission - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Another review of URI for libpq, v7 submission
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 22.03.2012 23:42, Alex wrote:
> Okay, at last here's v9, rebased against current master branch.

Some quick comments on this patch:

I see a compiler warning:
fe-connect.c: In function ‘conninfo_parse’:
fe-connect.c:4113: warning: unused variable ‘option’

Docs are missing.

I wonder if you should get an error if you try specify the same option
multiple times. At least the behavior needs to be documented.

Should %00 be forbidden?

The error message is a bit confusing for
"postgres://localhost?dbname=%XXfoo":
WARNING: ignoring unrecognized URI query parameter: dbname
There is in fact nothing wrong with "dbname", it's the %XX in the value
that's bogus.

Looking at conninfo_uri_decode(), I think it's missing a bounds check,
and peeks at two bytes beyond the end of string if the input ends in a '%'.