Re: Server choice for small workload : raptors or SSD? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Boreham
Subject Re: Server choice for small workload : raptors or SSD?
Date
List pgsql-general
We've used Raptors in production for a few years.
They've been about as reliable as you'd expect for hard
drives, with the additional excitement of a firmware bug
early on that led to data loss and considerable expense.

New machines deployed since November last year have 710 SSDs.
No problems so far, blindingly fast, very low power.

Unless I needed to store vast amounts of data, or was
required to use very cheap hardware, there's nothing that
would make me go back to hard drives.