Re: pgsql_fdw, FDW for PostgreSQL server - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Etsuro Fujita
Subject Re: pgsql_fdw, FDW for PostgreSQL server
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(2012/03/09 14:00), Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
>> There are a couple of other points that make me think we need to revisit
>> the PlanForeignScan API definition some more, too.  ...
>> So we need to break down what PlanForeignScan currently does into three
>> separate steps.  The first idea that comes to mind is to call them
>> GetForeignRelSize, GetForeignPaths, GetForeignPlan; but maybe somebody
>> has a better idea for names?
>
> Attached is a draft patch for that.

1. FilefdwPlanState.pages and FileFdwPlanState.ntuples seems redundant.
  Why not use RelOptInfo.pages and RelOptInfo.tuples?

2. IMHO RelOptInfo.fdw_private seems confusing.  How about renaming it
to e.g., RelOptInfo.fdw_state?

Attached is a patch for the draft patch.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Attachment