Re: Patch: improve selectivity estimation for IN/NOT IN - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Subject Re: Patch: improve selectivity estimation for IN/NOT IN
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 04-03-2012 00:20, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
> It looks like you have grand plans for array estimation. My patch has
> a much more modest scope, and I'm hoping it could be applied to
> currently maintained PG versions, as I consider the currently produced
> estimations a bug.

We don't normally add new features to stable branches unless it is a bug. In
the optimizer case, planner regression is a bug (that this case is not).

--   Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento