Re: review: CHECK FUNCTION statement - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Petr Jelínek
Subject Re: review: CHECK FUNCTION statement
Date
List pgsql-hackers

---------+--------+------------+----------+------------------------------------+--------+------+-------+----------+-------
> f1()     |      5 | assignment | 42804    | subscripted object is not an array |        |      | error |          |
> (1 row)
>
> This looks much nicer to me.
>
> One thing we lose is the caret marking the position of the error -- but
> I'm wondering if that really works well.  I didn't test it but from the
> code it looks to me like it'd misbehave if you had a multiline statement.
>
> Opinions?

Well, if you want nicely formated table you can always call the checker
function directly, I think the statement returning something that is
more human and less machine is more consistent approach with the rest of
the utility commands. In other words I don't really see the point of it.

Petr