Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)
Date
In response to Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Responses Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> We'll get to it in due time.  In case you haven't noticed, there's a lot
> of stuff in this commitfest.  And I don't follow the logic that says
> that because Simon is trying to push through a not-ready-for-commit
> patch we should drop our standards for other patches.

What I'm pointing out is that Peter shouldn't even be talking about
cutting functionality from an apparently-ready-for-committer patch in
order to yield way to a patch about which people are still arguing
specification.

This is exactly why I'm not keen on checksums for 9.2.  We've reached
the point where the attention on the checksum patch is pushing aside
other patches which are more ready and have had more work.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.