Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)
Date
In response to Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Responses Re: Re: pg_stat_statements normalisation without invasive changes to the parser (was: Next steps on pg_stat_statements normalisation)  (Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> We'll get to it in due time.  In case you haven't noticed, there's a lot
>> of stuff in this commitfest.  And I don't follow the logic that says
>> that because Simon is trying to push through a not-ready-for-commit
>> patch we should drop our standards for other patches.

> I don't follow that logic either, but I also feel like this CommitFest
> is dragging on and on.  Unless you -- or someone -- are prepared to
> devote a lot more time to this, "due time" is not going to arrive any
> time in the forseeable future.  We're currently making progress at a
> rate of maybe 4 patches a week, at which rate we're going to finish
> this CommitFest in May.  And that might be generous, because we've
> been disproportionately knocking off the easy ones.  Do we have any
> kind of a plan for, I don't know, bringing this to closure on some
> reasonable time frame?

Well, personally I was paying approximately zero attention to the
commitfest for most of February, because I was occupied with trying to
get back-branch releases out, as well as some non-Postgres matters.
CF items are now back to the head of my to-do queue; you may have
noticed that I'm busy with Korotkov's array stats patch.  I do intend to
take this one up in due course (although considering it's not marked
Ready For Committer yet, I don't see that it deserves time ahead of
those that are).

As for when we'll be done with the CF, I dunno, but since it's the last
one for this release cycle I didn't think that we'd be arbitrarily
closing it on any particular schedule.  It'll be done when it's done.