Re: MySQL search query is not executing in Postgres DB - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: MySQL search query is not executing in Postgres DB
Date
Re: MySQL search query is not executing in Postgres DB  (Rob Wultsch <wultsch@gmail.com>)
Re: MySQL search query is not executing in Postgres DB  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2/17/12 12:04 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> The argument isn't about whether the user made the right design
> choices; it's about whether he should be forced to insert an explicit
> type cast to get the query to do what it is unambiguously intended to
> do.

I don't find INTEGER LIKE '1%' to be unambiguous.

Prior to this discussion, if I had run across such a piece of code, I
couldn't have told you what it would do in MySQL without testing.

What *does* it do in MySQL?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.