Re: Psycopg2 and LIXA - Mailing list psycopg

From Federico Di Gregorio
Subject Re: Psycopg2 and LIXA
Date
List psycopg
On 13/02/12 10:10, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
> I assume the function should be called with a Python interpreter well
> initialized, but if lixa is imported by a Python process and the above
> code is called by a function wrapped in a Python call I assume all the
> conditions required are met. Of course everything is pretty
> experimental: psycopg doesn't offer (yet) a C api, nor the import
> file are designed to be used outside the library: if the approach
> works we can provide a Python C API properly done.

That's what I was thinking too but then psycopg users will lose custom
connection (and cursor) objects. :/ IMHO the best approach would be for
LIXA to extend its concept of "profile" to include connection factories
and let Python code to register custom profiles and connection
factories. I understand that is probably alien to what LIXA does now but
would increase acceptance by Pythonistas.

federico