Re: [v9.2] Add GUC sepgsql.client_label - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: [v9.2] Add GUC sepgsql.client_label
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Kevin Grittner"  wrote:
Tom Lane wrote:

>> I agree it's a bug that you can do what Kevin's example shows.
>
> I'll look at it and see if I can pull together a patch.

Attached.

Basically, if a GUC has a check function, this patch causes it to be
run on a RESET just like it is on a SET, to make sure that the
resulting value is valid to set within the context.  Some messages
needed adjustment.  While I was there, I made cod a little more
consistent among related GUCs.

I also added a little to the regression tests to cover this.

-Kevin

Attachment