Re: IDLE in transaction introspection - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: IDLE in transaction introspection
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 01/12/2012 11:57 AM, Scott Mead wrote:
> Pretty delayed, but please find the attached patch that addresses all
> the issues discussed.

The docs on this v4 look like they suffered a patch order problem here.
In the v3, you added a whole table describing the pg_stat_activity
documentation in more detail than before.  v4 actually tries to remove
those new docs, a change which won't even apply as they don't exist
upstream.

My guess is you committed v3 to somewhere, applied the code changes for
v4, but not the documentation ones.  It's easy to do that and end up
with a patch that removes a bunch of docs the previous patch added.  I
have to be careful to always do something like "git diff origin/master"
to avoid this class of problem, until I got into that habit I did this
sort of thing regularly.