Bad error message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Decibel!
Subject Bad error message
Date
List pgsql-hackers
From -HEAD:

ERROR:  aggregates not allowed in WHERE clause
STATEMENT:  SELECT *                FROM loans l                WHERE id IN (   SELECT max(l.id)
           FROM loans                                        JOIN customers c ON c.id =

l.customer_id                                        JOIN people p ON p.id =
c.person_id                                    WHERE p.first_name = 'Test person'
GROUPBY l.loan_type_cd                            )        ;

The real issue is this:

ERROR:  missing FROM-clause entry for table "l" at character 132
STATEMENT:  SELECT max(l.id)                                            FROM loans
         JOIN customers c ON

c.id = l.customer_id                                                JOIN people p ON
p.id = c.person_id                                            WHERE p.first_name =
'Test person'                                            GROUP BY l.loan_type_cd;

And if I change the FROM loans to be FROM loans l, the original
select does work fine.

Let me know if I need to create a full test case for this...
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  decibel@decibel.org