Use lo_creat() when possible instead of lo_create() - Mailing list psycopg

From Giovanni Mascellani
Subject Use lo_creat() when possible instead of lo_create()
Date
List psycopg
Hi.

I just created a ticket against psycopg2, and Daniele asked me to bring
the issue on the list to open it to a wider audience. The ticket is here:

http://psycopg.lighthouseapp.com/projects/62710/tickets/88-use-lo_creat-when-possible-instead-of-lo_create

For your convenience, I copy the description here:

---
I'm using psycopg2 against a PostgreSQL database replicated using
pgpool-II. On this database I also need large objects support.
Apparently pgpool-II is able to correctly handle lo_creat() calls, but
not lo_create() (see
http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/pgpool-II/doc/pgpool-en.html#lobj_lock_table).

Unfortunately, psycopg2 only create large objects with lo_create(), even
when no new_oid is specified. Could you please consider applying the
attached patch, that modifies this behaviour?
---

Please, Cc: me as I'm not subscribed to the list.

Thanks, Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <mascellani@poisson.phc.unipi.it>
Pisa, Italy