Re: Progress on fast path sorting, btree index creation time - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Progress on fast path sorting, btree index creation time
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Obviously, many indexes are unique and thus won't have duplicates at
> all.  But if someone creates an index and doesn't make it unique, odds
> are very high that it has some duplicates.  Not sure how many we
> typically expect to see, but more than zero...

Peter may not, but I personally admin lots of databases which have
indexes on values like "category" or "city" which have 100's or 1000's
of duplicates per value.  I don't think this is uncommon at all.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.