Re: Strategy for doing number-crunching - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Strategy for doing number-crunching
Date
List pgsql-novice
On 01/04/2012 09:04 AM, Sean Davis wrote:
> Good point.  I do not know what the performance is for these types of
> aggregates using Pl/R.  Perhaps Joe Conway or others could comment.

Depending on your approach should be similar to native R performance.
For example, you could use the spi interface to pull all the data at
once into a dataframe, and then process as Sean mentioned.

Joe

--
Joe Conway
credativ LLC: http://www.credativ.us