win1252 to UTF8 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Maurício Cruz
Subject win1252 to UTF8
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi all,

I need to convert my database from codification WIN1252  to UTF8,
I've try to use pg_dump -U postgres -h 192.168.0.192 -E UTF8 -v -F p -f
bkp.sql database
but I have to following erro:
pg_dump: SQL command failed
pg_dump: Error message from server: ERRO:  caracter 0x8d da codificação
"WIN1252" não tem equivalente em "UTF8"
  ( translation:   pg_dump: Error message from server: ERRO:  caracter
0x8d of codification "WIN1252" don't have equivalent in "UTF8"  )

also I tryed  to run pg_dump  converting to codification  LATIN1 but
then I have the follow erro:
pg_dump: invalid client encoding "LATIN1" specified

may be I could bring a dump file in LATIN1 and then user iconve to
convert into UTF8 ...  but I fail!

is there a good soul to help me out in this matter ??

Thanks a lot every one.