Re: Character encoding problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Character encoding problems
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/08/11 7:54 PM, Bruce Clay wrote:
> Is there a "proper" encoding type that I should use to load the word lists so they can be interoperable with the
WordNetdataset that happily uses the UTF8 encoding?

some of your input data may be in other encodings, not UTF8, for
instance, LATIIN1.  if you can identify these, and use SET
CLIENT_ENCODING=...  at the appropriate times, you should be able to
import from the various data sources.

otherwise, you might have to run the data through some sort of filter
before you feed it to postgres, I dunno.   I'm pretty sure 0x82 is not a
valid code in UTF8.