Re: Cuba needs swag - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Cuba needs swag
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 11/30/2011 11:57 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> On 11/30/11 11:49 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> On 11/29/11 10:56 PM, Santiago Zarate wrote:
>>> Josh, do you know if anyone managed to help with this?... if not, an ex
>>> workmate, who happens to be cuban, told me that the way coould be through
>>> the embassy of cuba in X country... They have one in Panama, so i will have
>>> a look when i go back to panama (at venezuela atm...)
>>
>> I don't think that's practical from the USA.
>
> Actually, let me be completely clear: I cannot use non-profit money from
> the USA (so SPI or PostgreSQL.US) to buy, make or ship swag which is
> going to Cuba.  Hence my appeal for help; some other country will need
> to not just ship the swag, but pay for it.

Just so everyone knows, JB and I worked with our attorneys via SPI to
try and resolve the issue with Cuba. It is not an option for an U.S.
corporation to help Cuba. It will have to be a NP from another country.

JD

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579