Re: Limiting number of connections to PostgreSQL per IP (not per DB/user)? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Heiko Wundram
Subject Re: Limiting number of connections to PostgreSQL per IP (not per DB/user)?
Date
List pgsql-general
Am 29.11.2011 23:49, schrieb Tom Lane:
> Another way that we've sometimes recommended people handle custom login
> restrictions is
> (1) use PAM for authentication
> (2) find or write a PAM plugin that makes the kind of check you want

Very interesting - I'll first try the connlimit approach hinted at by
Filip, but if PostgreSQL does normal session setup/teardown using PAM
(I've never used PAM authentication for PostgreSQL before), this should
be a workable solution in case using iptables doesn't turn out to
properly handle disconnected sessions quickly enough.

Thanks for pointing me at the PAM!

--
--- Heiko.