Re: psql query gets stuck indefinitely - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: psql query gets stuck indefinitely
Date
List pgsql-general
On 29/11/11 11:21, tamanna madaan wrote:
Hi Craig

Thanks for your reply . But unfortunately I dont have that process running right now. I have already killed that process . But I have seen this problem sometimes on my setup.
It generally happens when the remote system is going slow for some reason (CPU utilization high etc.)  . But whatever is the reason , I would assume that the query should return with some error or so
in case the system, the query is running on , is rebooted .  But  it doesn't return and remain stuck. Moreover, the same query sometimes hangs even if it is run on local postgres  database so I dont think
network issues have any role in that . Please help.

Well, it *really* shouldn't hang locally.

To help you further I'll need you to collect the information on the stuck process next time you encounter one and post that as a reply. Maybe with a bit more info we can see what might be going on.

--
Craig Ringer