Re: Huge number of INSERTs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Huge number of INSERTs
Date
List pgsql-general
On 18/11/11 12:30, Phoenix Kiula wrote:
> I've currently disabled any INSERT functions on my website...but even
> with disabled INSERTs and only SELECTs alive, I still see the "psql:
> FATAL:  sorry, too many clients already" message.

As Tomas has said, this is nothing to do with inserts and everything to
do with too many clients. Take the time to read through his reply. Fix
the number of clients before worrying about other details.

> Btw, I don't see any PG logs. What could be the problem? The config
> says that it should store it in the directory "pg_log", but this
> directory is empty.

You'll need to check the manuals for full details on how to configure
your logging - I'd expect a zero-length file even if you weren't logging
anything to it. Might be worth checking the directory is owned by user
"postgres" (or whoever your server runs as).

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd