Re: How to lock and unlock table in postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: How to lock and unlock table in postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/16/11 11:16 PM, Siva Palanisamy wrote:
> Thanks for the solution. If I use currval('sqlname') in a loop of 70000 records, what will happen if a record is
insertedmanually? I guess it will alter the sequences, and wrong values/chain might be introduced in foreign tables in
thebelow function. Could you please clarify me on this?

currval is consistent within the current transaction.  another
transaction will see the different currval that its generated.