Re: - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Baux David
Subject Re:
Date
List pgsql-novice
Right, I am probably wrong. Some other opinion?

Le 15/11/11 19:48, jmscott@setspace.com a écrit :
here is a trivial example in 9.1
   jmscott=> select (1, 2) in (select 1, 2);?column?
----------t
(1 row)

where the right hand side returns 2 columns, not exactly one column,
contradicting what the docs say:

      The right-hand side is a parenthesized subquery, which must return     exactly one column.
seems like a documentation error.  what am i missing?

-j

well, it seems to me that section 9.20.2 makes sense.
http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_in.asp
I am not sure that you can compare multiple columns such as in:

SELECT * FROM Persons WHERE LastName, FirstName IN (SELECT LastName,
FirstName FROM OtherPersons);

if this is what you mean, at least not using this method, which returns
an error.