Re: how to drop function? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: how to drop function?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/15/11 5:48 PM, J.V. wrote:
> the drop function works when running from a pgAdmin III Sql window
>
> but when I try to do from the command line and script it:
>     psql -h $PGHOST -p $PGPORT -d $PGDATABASE -U $PGUSER -c "*drop
> function ....*"
>
> the above fails.

can you please give the complete command line and the error message you
get instead of just saying 'fails' ?

btw, if in fact PGHOST, PGPORT PGDATABASE and PGUSER are set in the
environment, you don't need to specify any of those on the command
line.  but if those are just placeholders for actual names, well, we
can't tell that from here.