Re: Syntax To Create Table As One In Another Database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Syntax To Create Table As One In Another Database
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/15/11 8:42 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   I need a pointer to the appropriate docs that show me how to specify a
> table in a different database.
>
>   What I want is to CREATE TABLE <tablename> AS TABLE
> <otherdatabase><same_tablename>; but using a period (dot) to separate the
> source database and table name doesn't work. My searches of the 9.0.x
> docs
> have missed finding this information.

use Schemas instead of databases if this is what you need.   Combined
with search_path, this will get you the exact results you're looking
for.  in fact, the default search_path is $USER,public, so it will look
in a schema named after the current user before it looks in the default
schema...