Re: Need Help Installing Dblink…(Desperately…) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Need Help Installing Dblink…(Desperately…)
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/12/11 10:02 AM, Jerry Levan wrote:
> I have a mac running 9.1.1.
>
> I then built dblink from the contrib directory and I did not
> see an install option in the make file.

did you build this 9.1.1 or is this a standard distribution?   if you
built it, did you install it with `make install` ?   when you built it,
it should have built the contrib automatically, and that should have
been installed to the $SHAREDIR/contrib directory (often in
/usr/share/pgsql91/ or similar)

To install a contributed extension that was built with postgres, simply
execute the SQL command...

     create extension dblink;