Re: connections and cpu consumption - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: connections and cpu consumption
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/09/11 11:35 AM, Gauthier, Dave wrote:
> Ahhhh... so if the script that has the connection open would only terminate the transaction, then vacuum wouldn't get
behind?

> I actually made a change in that script to rollback when the script doesn't need the changes in the transaction,
hopefullyallowing vacuum to do its thing.

(from memory, I might have details wrong here)...

     select now()-xact_start as "Transaction Age", usename, datname,
procpid, application_name
         from pg_stat_activity where current_query='<IDLE> in
transaction" order by 1 desc;

that will list the age of those idle-in-transactions, oldest on top.