Re: Simple question on SELECT - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edson Richter
Subject Re: Simple question on SELECT
Date
Re: Simple question on SELECT  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
List pgsql-general
Em 07-11-2011 20:54, John R Pierce escreveu:
> On 11/07/11 2:41 PM, Edson Richter wrote:
>> Does simple SELECT query like
>>
>> select * from tableX
>>
>> (without FOR UPDATE) opens an implicit transaction when issued?
>
> opens and closes.    if you don't bracket with BEGIN;  ....
> COMMIT|ROLLBACK;    then each statement is a transaction of and by itself

Thanks for the fast answer. Is there any way to avoid that? I mean, in
MS SQL Server, I do have "with no_lock" (that produces dirty reads)?
Or the way to go is the transaction isolation level?

Regards,

Edson.