converting ts2vektor to postgres 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From robert rottermann
Subject converting ts2vektor to postgres 9.1
Date
List pgsql-general
hi there,
I habe to upgrade a db from 8.4 to 91 that is using tsvector (that was converted
from an older version before).
now I am looking for pointer on how to proceed.

for insance in the dump from the old db I find declarations like added at the
end  (and lots more):

I think these are these are triggers, that add so keywords to an full text intex.

Documents are then retrieved with somethin like

FROM mitarbeiter, pg_class

   WHERE (
             idxfti_mitarbeiter @@ to_tsquery('default', 'some keyword' )
   )
   AND pg_class.oid = mitarbeiter.tableoid

how would I convert that to the "integrated" full text search.

thanks for your time

Robert

--
-- Name: tsearch2(); Type: FUNCTION; Schema: public; Owner: fiu
--

CREATE FUNCTION tsearch2() RETURNS "trigger"
     AS '$libdir/tsearch2', 'tsearch2'

ALTER FUNCTION public.tsearch2() OWNER TO fiu;

--
-- Name: tsq_mcontained(tsquery, tsquery); Type: FUNCTION; Schema: public;
Owner: postgres

CREATE FUNCTION tsq_mcontained(tsquery, tsquery) RETURNS boolean
     AS '$libdir/tsearch2', 'tsq_mcontained'
     LANGUAGE c IMMUTABLE STRICT;

ALTER FUNCTION public.tsq_mcontained(tsquery, tsquery) OWNER TO postgres;

--
-- Name: tsq_mcontains(tsquery, tsquery); Type: FUNCTION; Schema: public; Owner:
postgres

CREATE FUNCTION tsq_mcontains(tsquery, tsquery) RETURNS boolean
     AS '$libdir/tsearch2', 'tsq_mcontains'
     LANGUAGE c IMMUTABLE STRICT;