Re: Irix 6.2, Postgres 7.3.1, some brokenness - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From alex avriette
Subject Re: Irix 6.2, Postgres 7.3.1, some brokenness
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I have tried, without any luck, to get postgres compiled with gcc 3.2
> (from freeware.sgi.com). It keeps adding '-r' when its linking, even
> when LDFLAGS is unset, LD is 'gcc' and CC is 'gcc'. I could do the
> linking manually, but this is not really a viable option for a >
> release.

Looking at this more, I see this:

[goro:~/postgresql-7.3.1/src] alex% grep LD Makefile* | grep -- '-r'
Makefile.global:LDREL = -r

Can we just not append LDREL to LD if we're on Irix?

alex

--
alex avriette
$^X is my programming language of choice.