Re: Is there a good reason we don't have INTERVAL 'infinity'? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brar Piening
Subject Re: Is there a good reason we don't have INTERVAL 'infinity'?
Date
Re: Is there a good reason we don't have INTERVAL 'infinity'?
List pgsql-hackers
wrap="">Hackers,

Is there a reason why INTERVAL 'infinity' is not implemented?  That is,
an interval which is larger than all defined intervals, and which added
to any timestamp turns it into 'infinity'.

anythinguseful.<br /> See complaint in <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/200101241913.f0OJDUu45423@hub.org">http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/200101241913.f0OJDUu45423@hub.org</a><br
/>Although the operation used in this complaint isn't obviously defined there certainly are operations that are defined
likeinfinity + infinity = infinity.<br /> See <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unendlichkeit#Analysis">http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unendlichkeit#Analysis</a><br/>
/>Brar<br />