Re: BUG #5944: COPY FROM doesn't work with international characters - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: BUG #5944: COPY FROM doesn't work with international characters
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 10/19/11 5:41 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> I don't think so.  It's not really clear to me what the issue is.  Is
> there some confusion between the encoding of the file and the encoding
> in use in the client session?  It's odd that we would have a bug that
> only affects win1252.

I think it's quite possible that this is something broken in the win1252
encoding itself.  I've seen a lot of reports online for errors from
other software.  However, we need to at least find a workaround for
users if we can't fix it ...

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.