Re: Need Help : PostgreSQL Installation on Windows 7 64 bit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Need Help : PostgreSQL Installation on Windows 7 64 bit
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/19/2011 01:52 PM, Wendi Adrian wrote:
> I installed Windows 7 Professional on my workstation which connect with
> office network.

OK, it's on the network, that's fine. What I need to know is whether
it's part of a Windows domain, or whether it's running in standalone
workstation mode.

This information is shown in the control panel, on the initial "system"
control panel screen. It shows your computer name, whether it's on a
domain or a workgroup, and the name of the domain or workgroup.

> I tried to reinstall after disconnect from the network but still failed.
> So I am assuming that PostgreSQl cannot be installed on workstation
> (because it does successfully installed on my laptop).

PostgreSQL should install fine on any "workstation", network connected
or not.

There is something different about your workstation, perhaps Group
Policy rules, user account setup, etc, that is causing the installation
to fail.

To help you, I NEED YOU TO COLLECT THE INFORMATION I REQUESTED ABOUT THE
INSTALLATION ERROR, INCLUDING THE INSTALLER LOGS. Please READ THE LINK I
SENT TO YOU, which contains instructions on how to collect that information.

I repeat: Follow these instructions and do what they say, then post the
information you collected as a result, or I cannot help you:

   http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_Installation

> Would you please to let me know what is the effect of language for
> PostgreSQL installation and do you have solution for this?

If I had a solution, I wouldn't have to ask you for more information.

I haven't seen another report of this problem, so there's something
different about your computer. The trick will be to figure out what it
is, and why it's causing a problem for PostgreSQL.

As for language: I mean the language WINDOWS is in, not the language
PostgreSQL is in. Does your computer use English for menu items and
other user interface? Or is it in a different language? If a different
language, which language?

--
Craig Ringer