Re: Need Help : PostgreSQL Installation on Windows 7 64 bit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Wendi Adrian
Subject Re: Need Help : PostgreSQL Installation on Windows 7 64 bit
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Craig,

thanks for your response.
I installed Windows 7 Professional on my workstation which connect with office network.
I tried to reinstall after disconnect from the network but still failed. So I am assuming that PostgreSQl cannot be installed on workstation (because it does successfully installed on my laptop).
Would you please to let me know what is the effect of language for PostgreSQL installation and do you have solution for this?
Please advise.
Thanks and regards,

Wendi

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au>
To: Wendi Adrian <wendiadriansaga@yahoo.com>
Cc: "pgsql-general@postgresql.org" <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Need Help : PostgreSQL Installation on Windows 7 64 bit

On 10/19/2011 09:21 AM, Wendi Adrian wrote:

> Do anyone can help me to solve this problem? Or, PostgreSQL does not
> support Windows 7 Professional 64 bit?

PostgreSQL does support Windows 7 Pro 64-bit; that's one of the OSes I use and it works fine.

It would be helpful to know which language your Windows install is in. Please also collect the information listed in this wiki page:

  http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_Installation

It's also important to specify whether your computer is on a domain or is standalone.

--
Craig Ringer