installing tsearch2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From robert
Subject installing tsearch2
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi there,
this is my first post to this list..
I have been a casual user of postgres for the past 2-3 years but was never
involved in installation and such.

Now I must help the migration of a 8.3 system to 9.1.
The problem we face is that the actual system is using tsearch-2 which was
allready posted from an 8.1 installation.

My questions now are:
- how do I install tsearch2
   I compiled the 9.1 source an executed make all / install in the contrib directory
   now I find there a tsearch2--1.0.sql and tsearch2--unpackaged--1.0.sql
   file.
   Do I have to execute them?
   Both ?

- in the dump of the old database there are references to gtsvector_in and
gtsvector_out and similar of which I find nothing in gtsvector_out
   are these _in/_out objects needed anymore?
   can I overlook the errors when importing the old dump?

thanks for your time
robert