Re: BUG #6252: After drop the default database 'postgres', I can not create a database by 'createdb.exe' - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: BUG #6252: After drop the default database 'postgres', I can not create a database by 'createdb.exe'
Date
In response to BUG #6252: After drop the default database 'postgres', I can not create a database by 'createdb.exe'  ("Can not create DB by 'createdb.exe' when DB 'postgres' is droped" <yanghui328@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On 10/12/2011 02:48 PM, Can not create DB by 'createdb.exe' when DB
'postgres' is droped wrote:

> Bug reference:      6252
> Logged by:          Can not create DB by 'createdb.exe' when DB 'postgres'
> is droped
> Email address:      yanghui328@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.0.5
> Operating system:   Windows XP SP2
> create a database by 'createdb.exe'
> Details:
>
> 1.drop database 'postgres'
> 2.create a database by createdb.exe
> the follow error message will dispaly:
> Can not create DB by 'createdb.exe' when database 'postgres' is droped

Yep. You need to use a `CREATE DATABASE' command from psql to re-create
the `postgres' database after connecting to the "template1" database, eg:

template1=> CREATE DATABASE postgres WITH OWNER postgres;

--
Craig Ringer