Re: How can i get record by data block not by sql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: How can i get record by data block not by sql?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/03/2011 05:03 PM, 姜头 wrote:
> How can i get record by data block not by sql?
> I want to read and write lots of data by data blocks, so i can form a
> disk-resident tree by recording the block address. But i don't know how
> to implement in postgresql.
> Is there system function can do this?

Now that I understand what you want better, I'd advise you to look at
the PostgreSQL storage manager (smgr) and buffer cache manager.

See:
https://github.com/postgres/postgres/tree/master/src/backend/storage/smgr

See also: http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/history.html
for some historical but possibly still useful information.

--
Craig Ringer