Re: Inlining comparators as a performance optimisation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Inlining comparators as a performance optimisation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 21.09.2011 17:20, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> Even still, I
> think that the 12.5% figure is pretty pessimistic - I've already sped
> up the dell store query by almost that much, and that's with a patch
> that was, due to circumstances, cobbled together.

I'm not against making things faster, it's just that I haven't seen
solid evidence yet that this will help. Just provide a best-case test
case for this that shows a huge improvement, and I'll shut up. If the
improvement is only modest, then let's discuss how big it is and whether
it's worth the code ugliness this causes.