Re: Index Corruption - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andy Colson
Subject Re: Index Corruption
Date
List pgsql-general
On 9/12/2011 1:10 PM, Dylan Adams wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>  wrote:
>> Dylan Adams<dylan.adams.work@gmail.com>  writes:
>>> [ persistent occurrences of index corruption ]
>>
>>> My primary question: is this normal?
>>
>> No.  It does sound like you're managing to tickle some bug or other.
>> Can you extract a test case of any kind?  We could fix it if we could
>> see it happening, but there's not enough information here for that.
>
> I haven't been able to come up with a self contained test case.
>
> There have been a few instances where a particular series of batch
> processes which, when run repeatedly on a particular data set, will
> reproduce the problem consistently. But it's not possible to release
> the required code and data.
>
> dylan

How about some specifics about the process?  Maybe I can work up a
look-a-like.

Something like:

we have two clients that insert as fast as possible into this temp table:

create table....;

we have 5 clients select/insert/delete from temp into live table that
looks like :

create table....;

I'll post my scripts and you can yea/nea them until we get close, maybe
find the problem along the way.

I would not need data or code, but actual table structure's sure would
be swell.

-Andy