Enable PITR in Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adarsh Sharma
Subject Enable PITR in Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear all,

Today I need to enable PITR in my Postgres Production Server.
I followed the below links for this purpose :

http://scale-out-blog.blogspot.com/2009/02/simple-ha-with-postgresql-point-in-time.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/continuous-archiving.html

But I am confused about the below line , do we manually write the name of each file to archive in the archive directory :

I have just installed PostgresPlus-8.4 and load some data in the demo server and at present there is only one file name (000000010000000000000000) and archive_status directory is empty.
Now do we need to change the below command each time new log file is created or there is some standard way to do that.

archive_command = 'cp -v %p /data/pgsql/archives/%f'

Thanks