Re: Fwd: Psycopg2 2.4.2 on Debian with Python 3 - Mailing list psycopg

From Joe Abbate
Subject Re: Fwd: Psycopg2 2.4.2 on Debian with Python 3
Date
List psycopg
Hi Daniele,

On 08/05/2011 03:06 PM, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Joe Abbate <jma@freedomcircle.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone on the list know the status of the subject?
>
> Psycopg works out of the box with Python 3.1 and 3.2: "make
> PYTHON=/path/to/pythonX.Y" and it is built against the desired Python
> version.
>
> I assume it's just the dependencies of the debian package to have not
> been updated after psycopg started supporting Python 3.x: there should
> be no build problem (recent development has been mostly performed in
> debian environment).

Yes, that's what I suspected.  When I do python -3 (using 2.6 or 2.7)
and import psycopg2, I get DeprecationWarnings for
mx/DateTime/DateTime.py.  What I don't understand is that in PyPI,
egenix-mx-base does not show as supporting Python 3.  If that's correct,
does psycopg2 use something else for Python 3?

Joe