create table as select... with auto increment id ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Salisbury
Subject create table as select... with auto increment id ?
Date
Re: create table as select... with auto increment id ?
List pgsql-general
We all know i can

create table freaky as select "abunchofstuff".

I work with rails developers and they are fussy about having an
auto incrementing "id" field.  Is there a way I can eak that out
of the above type statement, or am I stuck with creating the
table and no short cuts?

create table freaky ( id autoincrement, and-a-long-list int, and-perfect-order float )
insert into freaky as select "abunchofstuff-in-same-order"

I think I know the answer ;-<

Thanks for any info,

-Dave