Re: Disallow access from psql, or allow access only from specific client app - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sim Zacks
Subject Re: Disallow access from psql, or allow access only from specific client app
Date
List pgsql-general
A lot of applications don't actually have a database role per user.

There is an application user who logs into the database and the
application handles application logins through a users table in the
database. That way the only thing that the user has access to is the
application and not the database.

If you access the database through an application server, or server side
script, you can limit access to only that (and other specific) IP
addresses in the pg_hba.conf.

Sim