Commitfest Status: Sudden Death Overtime - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Commitfest Status: Sudden Death Overtime
Date
Re: Commitfest Status: Sudden Death Overtime
Re: Commitfest Status: Sudden Death Overtime
List pgsql-hackers
All,

As you can probably tell, we are not ready to end the commitfest.  (I
think Robert gave me this CF to show why even talking about a one-week
mini-fest is a fantasy.  If so, successful.).

I've booted the patches which obviously aren't going to be immediately
ready.  Nine patches are ready for committer.  The rest fall into the
following buckets:

KAGAI's PATCHES

These are complex and need review by advanced hackers.  They are also
often interdependant.  As such, I'd like to automatically move his
patches to the next CF and ask that hackers who are engaged in working
on them continue to do so between CFs.

PATCHES WHICH I MOVED TO THE NEXT CF 9-2011:

* Collect frequency statistics and selectivity estimation for arrays
* Allow multiple Postgres clusters running on the same machine to
distinguish themselves in the event log
* lazy vxid locks

PATCHES WHICH HAVE BEEN UPDATED AND NEED FURTHER REVIEW:

* Cascade Replication

PATCHES STILL UNDER ACTIVE DISCUSSION:

* Add ability to constrain backend temporary file space

PATCHES I CAN'T FIGURE OUT THE STATUS OF:

* pg_comments system view
* Bugfix for XPATH() if expression returns a scalar value

So, down to a fairly limited list, except that we need a lot of committing.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.