Re: UPDATEDs slowing SELECTs in a fully cached database - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: UPDATEDs slowing SELECTs in a fully cached database
Date
List pgsql-performance
lars <lhofhansl@yahoo.com> wrote:

> select count(*) from test where tenant = $1 and created_date = $2

Thinking about this some more, it would be interesting to know your
PostgreSQL configuration.  I seem to remember you mentioning some
settings up-thread, but I'm not sure whether it was comprehensive.
Could you paste the result of running the query on this Wiki page?:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Server_Configuration

It might be that if you generate your queries with literals rather
than using server-side prepared statements, and tweak a couple
configuration settings, this problem will evaporate.

-Kevin